CALL US: (866) 577-6278
Employment Opportunities with Shawnee MTD
Shawnee Mass Transit District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals are hired solely upon the basis of their qualifications and ability to fulfill the requirements of the job.
Shawnee Mass Transit District has an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All policies and practices will be administered without regard to race, color, creed, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, marital status or disability. We comply with all local, state and federal laws pertaining to employment and discrimination will not be tolerated.
Drivers Wanted: Shawnee Mass Transit District is seeking drivers for Alexander, Johnson, Massac, Pulaski and Union County. Possession of a State of Illinois CDL with Passenger Endorsement is preferred but not required. Training is available for qualified applicants with an excellent driving record. Application Materials can be downloaded at shawneemtd.com. Please call 618-658-8382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for application procedure. Shawnee Mass Transit District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Executive Director: Shawnee Mass Transit District is seeking applicants for the position of Executive Director. Shawnee Mass Transit District is a nonprofit transportation provider serving the five Southernmost Counties in Illinois. Salary is negotiable. Consent for Background Checks, Drug Testing and Motor Vehicle Reports is required. Shawnee Mass Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer who complies with nondiscrimination regulations under Title VI.
The Board shall employ an Executive Director who shall draw authority from the Board and shall be responsible to it for performance of his/her duties. He or she will:
1. Be responsible to the Board for the effective and efficient administration of the District’s business.
2. Prepare, as often as requested by the Board but at least monthly, and submit to the Board a complete report on the finances and activities of the District.
3. Provide the Board with information which is necessary and helpful to the Board in making policy and exercising its duties, powers and responsibilities.
4. Recommend for adoption by the Board such policies and programs which are felt necessary to effectively conduct the programs and approve the services of the District.
5. Attend all meetings, unless excused, and take part in discussion of all matters before the Board.
6. Develop and supervise a system for purchasing materials, supplies and equipment which will make the best use of funds.
7. Insure that administration of the transportation program is in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
8. Monitor all ongoing programs and projects and report findings and recommendations for corrective action to the Board.
9. Monitor and manage the preparation and submission of all documents or instruments necessary to procure funding whether through grants, loans, contracts or other agreements or arrangement.
10. Actively monitor, evaluate and report to the Board on all programs designed for the management of risk within the District.
11. Actively manage the District including:
a. Hiring, firing and supervision of the staff.
b. Planning how the activities of the District will be run.
c. Scheduling of activities.
d. Delineating staff abilities.
e. Evaluating staff performance.
f. Monitoring of activities.
g. Preparation of Grant Applications.
h. Preparation of annual budgets.
i. Monitoring of claims submission process of reimbursement from various state or federal agencies.
j. Perform such additional duties or tasks as may be assigned by the Board from time to time.
All interested applicants must submit a Letter of Intent and Resume by May 12th 2017 along with references to;
100 Smart Drive
Vienna, Illinois 62995
Shawnee MTD is a nonprofit public transportation provider serving the five southernmost counties in Illinois. Our mission is to provide safe, affordable & effective transportation to all the citizens of our five-county district
Public Transportation is for EVERYONE!
Email us here
Office hours: Mon-Fri 7:30-4:00
Dispatch: Mon-Fri 6:00-6:00